The present series of BBS1230 does not have the starter battery solar trickle feed function enabled. For the starter battery trickle feed we advise fitting a BM12123 battery maintainer.
New to 2020
12V to 12V Battery to Battery Charger w/ 350W Solar Charge Controller BBS1230
12V to 12V 30A DC to DC charger
Remote control - BBURC
The new combined battery to battery charger and solar regulator maximises the operational usage of the battery to battery charger. It does this by adding a solar operation to the product both when the vehicle is in motion and moreover when the vehicle is stationary. This makes it, in effect, also a free 350W solar regulator when the vehicle is stationary. The open circuit voltage of the solar panels can be as high as 31V. This encompasses the majority of 12V nominal solar panels.
This product has all the benefits of the standard 30A Battery to Battery charger when the engine is on. The solar regulators maximum efficiency is over 95%, and low continuous rating is in the 86-87% efficiency region.
Pro Batt Ultra This Battery to Battery Charger is Regenerative Braking / Smart Alternator Friendly - ideal for Euro 5 / 6 + engines.
Please read about Regenerative Braking
E marking Certificates for the BBS1230
Sterling's range of Battery to Battery Chargers (B2Bs) has grown significantly over the past few years. This is in an effort to supplement the ever growing demand from the commercial vehicle, recreational vehicle and marine industries. The B2Bs have become extremely popular as they fast charge batteries as you cruise along without the need for complex wiring, touching your alternator, voiding the alternator's warranty and tampering with the electronic control units (ECUs). You can provide the onboard batteries with a fast 4 stage charging profle with a very simple and speedy installation. All of the benefits of advanced charging without any of the drawbacks. Simply connect the B2B between the battery being charged and the battery you wish to charge.
|DC V (In)||DC V (Out)||Amps In||Weight Kg||L x W x D mm||Part Number|
|12||12||30||2||190 x 160 x 70||BBS1230|
|Remote Control||with 10m cable||BBURC|
1) Multiple Activation Modes: Automatic for most non vehicle applications,
Manual for remote activation.
Regenerative braking (requiring ignition feed),
Automatic regenerative braking, requiring no ignition feed.
2) Current is NOT taken from the input battery and given to the output battery. The B2B uses alternator power to charge the output battery. Manual mode and regenerative braking mde allows you to override this.
3) Safety features:
100% fire proof plastic box.
No screws to corrode.
Thermal power reduction.
Multi stage fan cooling
4) Night Time Setting: Allows the unit to ran at half the power so the fan noise is kept down.
5) Boost / Reduce Charging: The B2Bs ensure batteries get the correct charging profile irrespective of high or low input voltages.
6) B2B turns on at 13.3V and turns off at 13.0V (x 2 for 24V). Thus, does not drain input battery. Regenerative braking mode allows the input voltage to drop to 12.2V (x 2 for 24V).
7) Customizable Profile: Choose your own charging profile on the front panel.
8) 9 preset battery chemistry options: Including AGM, LiFePO4, Gel, Flooded and sealed lead acid.
9) 4 stage battery charging: Thge B2B charges batteries between 5-20 times faster than a stand alone alternator.
10) Very Simple to install: No electronic Control Unit (ECU) issues. No complex wiring. No warranty issues. Fully prepared for smart alternators (regenerative braking).
Remote control optional.