Remote Control for the Pro Charge Ultra (optional with charger) + 5m of cable
With the optional remote control many features can be operated from a distance and all important information can be read. The remote control can be used both as an installation or attached as a mounted unit.
Information from the remote control
Charging voltage (V) and charge current (A)
Charging stage and duration
Configured Battery Type
Temperature of the charger
Temperature of the battery
With our years of experience in this market everything we could possibly think of was combined into this product range, resulting in the Ultimate Battery Charger. However, do not take our word for it. This was confirmed on its first competative test with Sailing Today Magazine where it won premium product against the toughest competitiors (Mastervolt and victron plus others). It was described as: "This has to be the most flexible marine charger on the market today". Similarly, the Pro Charge Ultra won the innovation award at IBEX Kentucky 2010, the largest international boat building exhibition in the USA where the Pro Charge Ultra has been recently relseased onto the market.
What size of charger do I need?
After your final calculations are made, if you require a larger charger, then the Sterling range, because they are digital chargers can be added together. For larger requirements simply add units (2-3-4 etc) together to meet your requirements. Multiple smaller units can offer some advantages over 1 larger unit: They tend to be lower cost, have a built in redundancy (in event of one failing) and enables you to switch one off in the event of low shore power facility.
Power Factor Correction
Power efficiency of the Pro Charge Ultra is significantly higher than its predecessors. The PCU runs at >90% efficiency and the power factor is rated at 0.99PFC this is in contrast to a non-PFC charger which runs at approximately 65% efficiency. Thus, the same power output with a reduced power input saving you money on kilowatt-hours. Other major benefits of PFC allows the unit to run off a dirty/modified/quasi sine wave from a generator (example). The other advantage of this technique is less heat is liberated during operation, therefore reduced use of fan.
The Pro Charge Ultra housing was designed by a renowned American product designer. In the foreground stands optimal function and clean lines. The housing is made of plastic and the back is made of well protected metal plate with the latest corrosion coatings, all other metal fixtures and fittings are stainless steel or non ferrous.
11 preset charging algorithms & 1 custom set
Automatic Desulphation / Equalization
Performance monitoring LED bar
32 LED display
Redundant high voltage protection device
Variable fan speed
Programmable power reduction
The Pro Charge Ultra can also charge with variable performance levels. The following performance levels available are: 100%, 75%, 50% & 25%. This can be controlled via the front panel or via programming the remote control. Power reduction is often used if the power supply to the charger is inadequate (e.g. small generator) but still enables competent levels of battery charging. Another benefit of power reduction is to reduce fan noise, as less heat is liberated.
Three isolated charge outputs (PCU 12V/10A has 2 outputs)
The Pro Charge Ultra has 3 isolated charging outputs. Thus, 3
batteries or battery banks can charge without the batteries themselves being interconnected, e.g. Starter, domestic and generator starter battery.
Small, lightweight and powerful
The Pro Charge Ultra series is characterised by its very compact, low
weight and small footprint structure. The 12V / 60A model only weighs
Voltage + Current LED display
2 LED matrix displays. The left matrix displays the voltage output from the charger and the right matrix displays the current leaving the charger.
For vertical mounting, the unit has drip water protection. The protection class is IP22. It meets the requirements of the ABYC drip test.
The Pro Charge Ultra will operate with AC voltages ranging from 80V-270VAC (40- 70Hz) and DC voltages of 130-320VDC.
New features on this product surpassing that of standard battery chargers include:
1) 11 pre-programmed battery curves including: Open/Sealed lead acid, AGM, Gel, LiFePO
2) 1 custom set, can be set from charger, unlike our competitors there is no need for a computer to do this operation, all can be done from the front panel.
3) 2 x digital meters for current and voltage measurement and a 32 LED information display.
4) 1 x power meter to show what reserve power left in the unit.
5) PFC, active, up to 0.99 PF, ensuring efficient power conversion, up to almost 90% as opposed to about 60% for older, non-PFC technology.
6) % power reduction to allow unit to work with restricted power available (available on local control or remote control panel).
7) De-sulphation auto cycle built in to software.
8) New, low activity, standby mode to increase battery life.
9) Battery health program every 7-10 days .
10) Multiple speed fan control. This reduces unnecessary fan noise experienced by the customer, even though the new extreme efficiency reduces the need for fans. At high ambient temperatures (40-50 deg C), however, fans would still be required to ensure operation.
11) Primary (processor digitally controlled) and an emergency backup secondary (analogue controlled) high voltage trip.
12) 32 LED information panel to ensure maximum information transmitted to owner.
13) Internal scan and systems check to ensure product is okay.
14) Remote control option.
15) Small footprint and light weight.
16) Include battery temperature sensor to give temperature compensation and high temp trip.
17) As with all our marine chargers, all metals used are non-ferrous or heavily protected, so no corrosion.
18) New synchronised rectification output as opposed to diode output, giving up to an extra 9% efficiency.
19) Conforms to ABYC drip test, is waterproof from water directly dropped on to the top of the unit (+/ - 17 deg) if installed correctly (vertically).
20) Thermostatically controlled force draft cooling.
21) The printed circuit boards are conformal coated for high humidity and salt air operations.
Pro Charge Ultra front panel
Local Information Center
32 x LED display panel
2 x LED digital meters
1 x digital power meter
12V / 60A model, all other units pro rata
|Input Voltage range||80 - 270V 40 - 70Hz|
Power Factor at 230V
|Full load current (110 / 230V)||9.8 / 4.6 Amps|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||2.4% Voltage|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||2.4 % Current|
Ripple noise (R.M.S.)
Generator / mains power required to run unit (watts)
|12V||20 amp||approx||350 watts|
|12V||30 amp||approx||500 watts|
|12V||40 amp||approx||600 watts|
|12V||50 amp||approx||750 watts|
|12V||60 amp||approx||900 watts|
|24V||20 amp||approx||600 watts|
|24V||30 amp||approx||900 watts|
Voltmeter accuracy +/- 1%
Ammeter accuracy +/- 1%
Pro Charge Ultra 80 - 270V 40 - 70Hz AC input
|DC Voltage||Amps||Number of outputs||Size L x W x D mm||Weight Kg||Part number|
|12||10||2||260 x 215 x 90||2.0||PCU1210|
|12||20||3||260 x 215 x 90||2.0||PCU1220|
|12||30||3||260 x 215 x 90||2.0||PCU1230|
|12||40||3||260 x 215 x 90||2.0||PCU1240|
|12||50||3||315 x 215 x 90||3.0||PCU1250|
|12||60||3||315 x 215 x 90||3.0||PCU1260|
|24||20||3||260 x 215 x 90||2.0||PCU2420|
|24||30||3||315 x 215 x 90||3.0||PCU2430|
|Remote control + 5m cable||110 x 68 x 20||0.05||PCUR|