This product is designed to ensure your DC electrical distribution system on boats and specialist vehicles is both very safe and compact. The clear plastic cover makes it easy to see the green LEDs indicating live circuits and the red LEDs indicating failed circuits. In the event of concerns about excess power being used by the LEDs a simple link can be removed to kill all the green LEDs (that would otherwise be on all the time) but leave the red (fuse blown warning) LEDs active (but only on in a fault condition).
Other interesting features include an alternator fail safe blow fuse. The alternator fuse can safely blow but offer the alternator an emergency link to prevent the alternator’s regulator from being damaged due to the loss of a battery link. This output can also be used for other purposes if not being used for an alternator.
The unit has been designed with 2 main markets in mind:
1) Retail market: for existing boats/specialist vehicles, this box can bring your old system up to a much more modern and safer specification. Fit close to the domestic battery bank and all your fuses are now inside the recommended distance for modern safety standards. It also puts all your fuses in the same area and allows easy testing of faulty circuits.
2) OEM market: if used on a system from scratch, this will reduce the wiring time of any system, replacing the need for many individual parts needing to be fitted and connected whilst also standardising the wiring arrangements saving a lot of time and money.
Key features include:
1) 3 x ANL fused outputs from 80-500A ability (fuses purchased extra, see our gold ANL range for the fuse required).
2) 5 x 15A continuous outputs with 30A fuses (supplied) with one 300 x fuse supplying that section.
3) 1 x 15A 'maintained' output with 30A fuse, extra aux d/c feed position to bypass main feed in event of ancillary equipment requiring a permanent feed even if the main battery bank is isolated, such as alarms or bilge pumps.
4) Emergency alternator link in the event of the alternator fuse blowing (this prevents the alternator being damaged).
5) Green LEDs to show the circuit is live (LEDs on all the time when battery not isolated, can be switched ‘off’, if preferred, by removing a link).
6) Red LEDs to show when fuse has blown (only on when fuse has blown).
7) Cable guides for the low power cables, plus cable ties to be tightened when wiring complete to keep wires tidy and secure.
8) Small footprint very compact design.
9) Most negatives returned to box to enable easy circuit checks.
|Size L x W x D mm||Weight Kg||Product Number|
|300 x 220 x 120||1.5||PPD500|